Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Therapy of Cleaning



  How many of you have that junk drawer, cluttered closet, or the “catch all” place in your home?  Or do you ever look at your baseboards, walls, light fixtures or ceiling fans & think how they need a good cleaning?  I know I have a couple different places that tend to get over cluttered & things that need some extra special attention.  I always tell myself that I'll get to it later.  Then later becomes days, weeks & months.  Well, yesterday I decided to clean at least one or two different places that have been driving me nuts.  I ended up cleaning & organizing four places & it felt GREAT!!  It is so funny how when you de-clutter & organize your living space, you feel so much better about things.  I think I’ve come across a good therapy technique for anyone who is feeling down or over stressed.  J
 
  So here’s what I'm doing.  I’m making a list of the things that are driving me nuts, then I'm starting at the top & working my way down.  What a perfect way to have your house feel & look, extra clean & ready for the Holiday's!!  I'm so excited!!  Take one time a week that you clean one place that has been bugging you.  It always seems so overwhelming to do these kinds of tasks, but not when you do one or two things a week.  It could be your bedroom closet, the hall closet, the kitchen counter, the kids’ closet or room (but make sure they help:), the junk drawer, the kitchen cupboards, or the desk in your office.  Whatever it is, just commit to doing one place a week.  It could also be deep cleaning things, like wiping down base boards, washing blinds, windows, washing light fixtures or dusting ceiling fans.  Those are things that I see & want to do, but it seems I never have time for.  The hardest part is actually getting started, but once you do, you will probably be able to do a few a week!  So make the commitment now!!  Are you excited?  Can you just see you sparkling, clutter free home?  Can you feel the stress lift from your shoulders?  Can you feel the self confidence & pride in your work?  So. . .who's with me?  My day will be every Wednesday or Friday around 1 pm.  Which day are you picking?  It will make us all feel so much happier & less stressed!  I know we can do this!!  I want to hear how you are feeling after your successes, so keep us updatedJ  Happy De-Cluttering & Cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment