Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Surprisingly Yummy Pasta

  I have a recipe on my Monthly Menu Planner that is called "Farfalle Al Salmone" & I was wanting to make that, but didn't have any smoked salmon, so I found a recipe & added my own touch, & it is SURPRISINGLY very good!!  I didn't know if it was going to be all that good.  I thought that the tuna was going to be too "fishy" tasting for my kids, but they didn't even know it had tuna in it!  BONUS!!!  My 3 yr old had SECONDS & my 6 yr old ate ALL his!  So here you go, hope you like it!!

Alfredo Tuna Pasta
8 oz. pasta noodles
(I used angel hair, whole wheat spaghetti)
1 (6 oz) can tuna - drained
1 (15 oz) frozen peas
1 (16 oz) jar of Alfredo sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
shredded Parmesan cheese to top
~ Combine tuna, peas, sauce, & seasonings in pan. 
Stir together & heat over medium-low heat. 
Stirring often so it doesn't burn.  Cook pasta, drain & add to sauce. 
Top each dish with shredded Parmesan.  Serve with garlic bread & salad.


Let me know how it turns out for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment