Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe

 
  It's my favorite time of year, Fall!  The leaves are changing, the air is getting crisper, & my time in the kitchen gets to be longer!!  Love it!  All I wanted to do today was make home made Vegetable Beef soup, because I had a lot of rolls I needed to use up & you can only use them to dip in soup;)  LOL  I threw some stuff together & it turned out DELICIOUS!!!!  So here it is:

Andrea's Vegetable Beef Soup
1 lb. ground beef
2 stalks chopped celery
1 med. chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 can diced tomatoes
2 c. cubed potatoes
3 c. beef broth
salt & pepper to taste
garlic salt (a few shakes)
bay leaves, a few shakes
1/4 tsp. marjoram (if you don't have it, that's ok...it will still be good:)
1/2 tsp. thyme leaves (also, if you don't have it, don't use it)

~Brown ground beef, drain.  Sauté celery, onion & garlic with beef until celery is tender.  Add all the other ingredients to meat & simmer for 1 hour.  Serve with rolls:)


   There ya' go!  Sorry I don't have exact measurements on some of the seasonings, but that's how I cook.  My rule of thumb is, start with a little bit & you can always add more.

No comments:

Post a Comment