Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Weekly/Cleaning Schedule


  Did you ever have Saturday cleaning days, when you were younger, that took ALL day long?  I did & I remember working almost all day Saturday, then when you were done, you were so tired to even go play.  That's why I knew, as an adult, that I did NOT want Saturday cleaning days.  I never realized how GREAT schedules are, until I made one for me & my family.  I get more done & the kids seem to act a bit better when I use a schedule.  Do I stick to it ALL the time?  No, but I do try to make sure my cleaning gets done, so that I have the weekends off with my family.  I also have a few tricks to make cleaning a little easier.  Like these things:

* Most people get overwhelmed with the thought of cleaning their entire home at one time.  That is why I divide it into sections & clean an area a day, Monday thru Friday, so I can have the weekends free.

* Never leave a room without taking something with you.  Put it where it belongs, so you don't waste time later looking for it.

* Learn to multitask.  If you are heading in the direction of the laundry room, take some dirty clothes or towels with you.  Going to get the mail?  Take the garbage out.

* Clean up your dishes after every meal.  Instruct each family member to rinse & put away their own dishes.  This goes for cups, glasses, utensils & other dishes used throughout the day.

* Use a plastic grocery bag to scrub your tub.  Yes, you read it right.  A plastic grocery bag to clean your tub!!  Put your comet, or whatever tub cleaner you use, on the tub, get a white plastic grocery bag, turn it inside out so that the print is on the inside, place your hand in it, & start scrubbing.  It works better than a scrub brush or anything else I've ever used!  AMAZING!!

*When you get done washing your face every night, which I know you all are doing, use your washcloth to wipe down the toilet & floor area.  BUT make sure that cloth goes right into the laundry & use clorox to wash them;)  If you keep up on your toilet, then it's not such a huge, gross task when it comes time to clean.  

* Always keep your bathroom sink & counter area free from clutter, hair, make-up, toothpaste, or whatever else.  It takes just a few moments to rinse the sink & put stuff away before you leave the bathroom.


PLEASE let us all know your tricks on cleaning & schedules.  Thanks & happy scheduling:)



Weekly Schedule

2 comments:

  1. So when do you do your rooms? Monday you clean ??? etc. And do you just do your laundry throughout the week or do you have a "laundry" day?

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I do my laundry on Mon, Wed, & Fri. Kitchen & Bathrooms on Monday. Floors on Tues, which include all vacuuming, sweeping, & moping, except bath because they were done on Monday. Clean Bedroom sheets & pick up bedrooms on Wed. Dust, clean glass, mow lawn & take out garbages on Thursday.

    Does that help? It's on my weekly schedule. Could you open it? Let me know if you can't & I'll e-mail it to ya'.

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete